Create a Business YouTube Channel
YouTube is the world’s largest video-sharing website. With over six billion hours viewed every month, millions of users, and monetizing and advertising capabilities, creating a business YouTube channel is an excellent way to grow your business. Regardless of the size of your business, YouTube can help you succeed in this online age.
To create a business YouTube channel, you first need to have an existing Google account created. If you do not have one, the process will allow you to create one.
Be aware that the email you sign up with as this will be tied to the channel. It may be best to create a new Google account that is not linked to someones personal email.
How to create a business YouTube channel:
- Visit www.youtube.com and click on “Sign in” on the top of the page. You will be directed to choose a Google account to sign in with. Use the one you want associated with your channel or click “Add account” to create a new Google account.
- Once you successfully log in with a Google account, you need to create the channel. To do this click on “My Channel” on the YouTube drop down menu or click on or simply click this link: https://www.youtube.com/create_channel and click on “To use a business or other name, click here”
- You will now be prompted to name the channel and select a category. Enter your businesses name and select “Company, Institution or Organization” and make sure you check the Page Term agreement box.
Congratulations! The account is created! If you wish you may take the short tour of your new channel by clicking next. Otherwise, close the prompt.
- Now that your businesses YouTube channel is created, the next step is to customize it to fit your branding and style. First, edit your channel icon by hovering over the picture and clicking the edit icon. You can add channel art by clicking the “Add channel art” button on your channel. This is recommended as it will help with your branding and will look professional.
- Now that the channel is customized, it’s time to connect your email address and social media accounts to your channel. To do this click on the about tab on your channel and click on the + links button.
That’s it! You now have a customized business YouTube channel working for you! You are now ready to upload videos by simply clicking the upload button at the top-right corner. Use YouTube to inform customers, promote your business, and create engaging content that will increase your credibility and generate customers!