Google SEO Case Study Client: The Frugal Decorator
The Frugal Decorator is a team of highly creative, organized and personable staff that services its clients with professional, yet affordable, interior design solutions. The team has grown to 5 certified Interior Artists and 2 Project Support staff. The Frugal Decorator knows that good customer service and communication is as important to making the design process run smoothly as the design itself! Digital Shift agrees. The Digital Shift team wrote this Google SEO case study to demonstrate the type of results we can achieve by working with businesses interested in getting high-quality results online.
The company’s primary industry is interior design. This makes The Frugal Decorator 1 of 115 interior decorating services listed in the Yellow Pages (60 listings in Kitchener-Waterloo, 30 in Guelph. and 25 in Cambridge) within its primary target market.
- Conversion – Make the website more useful and easier to navigate to increase conversion
- Lead Generation – To improve search engine rankings and visibility to increase website lead opportunities
- Usability – The Frugal Decorator website required an update to become mobile responsive and easier to use and manage, especially its portfolio
- Sharing – The new website will seamlessly integrate existing social media and provide sharing capabilities
Our first action was to redesign the entire website to make it user-centric, modern, search engine optimized, and mobile responsive. Digital Shift worked closely with the design team at The Frugal Decorator every step of the way. All of the technical and marketing work was completed by us on our servers in a staging environment to ensure that the business experienced zero downtime. Once the website was redesigned, Digital Shift started to work on digital marketing and the on-page search engine optimization to ensure the company would dominate search results.
We also reviewed the content and images to ensure that the keywords that mattered were present in the content and the information was highly relevant to the website visitor. During the final stages before going live, Digital Shift also implemented its local search engine optimization strategy to ensure the company would thrive within its local business environment. Finally, the website went live without any downtime during the transition.
A Local SEO Strategy was decided for this business because:
- This local company relies on phone calls and in-store visits to get new clients
- The new website will have Google Maps integrated into it, which allows people to get directions quickly
- The company saw the value of redesigning its website to be mobile responsive
- Search Engine Optimization
- Local SEO
- New Responsive Website
- Keyword Analysis & On-page SEO
- Logo Redesign
- Easy-to-manage SEO Portfolio Gallery
Search Engine Ranking Results
Digital Shift delivered results that exceeded expectation!
#1 ranking position for “kitchener decorator” with site links, phone number and address, as well as Google local display.
#1 ranking position for “decorator waterloo” with site links, phone number and address, as well as Google local display.
#1 ranking position for “decorator kitchener” with site links, phone number and address, as well as Google local display.
#1 ranking position for “waterloo decorator” with site links, phone number and address, as well as Google local display.
#1 ranking position for “decorator guelph” with site links displaying under search result snippet.
#1 ranking position for “decorator cambridge.”
#1 ranking position for “guelph decorator” with site links displaying under search result snippet.
#1 ranking position for “cambridge decorator” directly below the paid ads.