This is your opportunity to be a valued team member and work with a leading marketing and creative digital strategists. Our aim is to be a leader by doing things right, providing superior service and measurable results for clients. As a content writer, you will work with top-rated brands and businesses and help them grow their online presence to win new customers online. Ready to take your career to the next level?
ABOUT DIGITAL SHIFT®
New to Calgary, but not new to digital marketing! At Digital Shift® we have been doing things differently since 2007. We believe in zero agency nonsense, result-driven project teams and relationships! This culture combined with a healthy lifestyle balance not only helps us boost creativity, but also allows us to get superior results! Digital Shift® provides search engine marketing, search engine optimization and social media services to service-based businesses. We specialize in working with multi-location businesses, home services and professional services. Headquartered in Ontario, we have an amazing team and a large client base , but are expanding out west into Calgary, Alberta to service more businesses.
The content writer will develop and create content for online, email, digital media, or service/product descriptions. Well-researched and accurate content will be produced on pre-determined deadlines.
As the content writer, you will communicate with the team, clients, and potential interview sources. Must follow company and client editorial style guides. Excellent writing, editing, spelling, and understanding of grammar are essential to the role.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
- Work with the content and outreach team
- Shape your future at a fast-growing digital marketing company
- Work directly with senior team members where your ideas and suggestions will be heard
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation
- Opportunity to grow within the company and build a team to work with you
- Work with a fun and close team of awesome people!
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating concise, eye-catching, and innovative headlines and body copy
Researching markets and industries to compare and create content that is innovative and original
- Research, synthesize and create content that is educational and entertaining
- Write, edit and publish content for a wide variety of topics for multiple platforms (website, blogs, articles, social updates, banners, email, case studies, guides, white papers, etc.)
- Consistently brainstorming and collaborating with team for new ideas and strategies
- Monitor and adjust content to fit with brand guidelines
- Adhere to and adjust the content calendar to reflect strategy and availability
- Translate business objectives and strategy into compelling written content for specific audiences.
- Optimize on-page content as per keyword strategy
- Implement best practice meta tags, header tags and meta descriptions
- Prepare create briefs, edit revisions, and create final drafts
- Building a following for brands on social media with creative work
- Collaborating with campaign managers, creative team, and designers
- University degree or college diploma
- Major/Minor in any two of the following: Journalism, Communications, Business, Psychology, English
- 2+ years of professional experience in a related field in content marketing/blogging/SEO capacity (agency or other professional experience)
- Strong writing, editing and presentation skills
- Excellent grasp of the English language
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner
- Able to align multiple brand strategies and ideas
- Assists team members when needed to accomplish team goals
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
Apply for this opportunity with your resume and cover letter via https://careers.digitalshiftmedia.com/.