Twitter – a great tool for business!
Twitter is a major online social networking service. It allows users to create messages called “tweets” that appear on feeds of users who follow you. Twitter is a great way for your business to raise awareness and grow your customer base by using a word of mouth approach and a simple way to forward (retweet) information to your followers! Twitter can also be used for acquiring industry information and seeing what your competitors are doing. Another key feature is that it allows for customer interaction by direct messages or public tweets.
How to set your Business Twitter Account up
By following these simple steps, you can have an account setup in less than 10 minutes!
- Go to twitter.com
- Click “sign up for Twitter”
- You will need a valid email address
- Enter required information in the field provided, then click “Create my account”
- When directed to the welcome page, click “Next” to start the initial process
- Twitter will now ask you to follow 5 users twice for a total of 10. Once you follow the required amount, click “Next”
- It is recommended to follow organizations or committees of your industry to be up to date with information
- Twitter now asks to add contacts from your email, however you have the option to skip this step by clicking “Skip”. Once your email contacts are added (or not), click “Next”.
- The account is now created!
- Click Edit Profile.
- Click upload image and add your logo or any photo that resonates with your business. This will be your profile photo.
- Fill in the Bio information in the box provided
- Now upload a header photo if desired. This will help personalize your page and allows you to optimize your branding.
- Add your businesses location and website address by adding it in the field indicated
- That’s it! Your business now has a Twitter account!
- To start Tweeting, just type your message in the box provided and then click “Tweet”!
- That’s it! Your message will appear on the feed of your followers.
- Be sure to confirm your Twitter account by checking the email address entered and clicking the confirmation link sent by Twitter.
- Your account is now confirmed!
- You have now set up your Business Twitter Account!
Your Twitter will now be working with you to help grow your business and spread awareness of your company!
Book a Free, 30-Minute No Obligation Health Check (Valued at $1,000)
Speak with a seasoned Marketing Specialist today and get a digital marketing success roadmap analysis to ensure your company’s marketing is bulletproof AND future-proofed against new developments.
Secure Your Session in One of Our Few Timeslots