What is Bounce Rate?
Bounce Rate is a percentage that shows how many visitors click on a single website page and leave without clicking any other elements on this page or visiting other pages of the website. Bounce Rate is usually used in Digital Marketing and Web Traffic Analysis. It is a very important indicator that Google uses to measure how relevant or useful your website page is to visitors. If the bounce rate is high, this will affect its ranking in search engines.
Bounce rate of a website = Total number of bounces across all the pages on the website / Total number of entrances across all the pages on the website
What factors cause high Bounce Rate?
- Too many ads on the landing page (pop-up ads, banner ads, pop-up surveys)
- Long response time ( the longer it takes a page to load, the higher the bounce rate)
- Ancient page design
- Music or video can have a negative effect on your website
- Low search engine ranking of a page
How can I improve my Bounce Rate?
- Improve user experience (readable and legible content, clearly formatting)
- Get rid of pop-up ads
- Create compelling Call-to-Action buttons
- Improving your branding image (storytelling)
- Keep your website fresh
- Target high-value keywords
- Make sure the website attracts the right audience
- Optimize your search engine ranking