Can Featured Snippets in Search Results be Part of Your SEO Strategy?
It sure can! If your content follows best practices and already is ranking it certainly can! Here’s how we ranked for “landing page checklist” and other terms:
- Find popular topics desired by real users be seeing what’s shared on social
- Research the topic and create a newer and even better piece of content about the topic
- Link outreach to get backlinks
When a user asks a question in Google, you may see your result in a special featured snippet block at the top of the search results page. This is also referred to as “position zero.” The featured snippet block includes a summary of the answer, extracted from a webpage, plus a link to the page, the page title and URL.
With a Featured Snippet SEO Strategy:
- Digital Shift built outstanding content and got backlinks from high authority sites
- Ranked above popular authority sites like Unbounce, HubSpot and InstaPages
- Received an insane amount of traffic
In order to show up in position zero, or featured snippets, your website must already rank in the top ten positions of Google for that search query. The most important this is to ensure that you take the time to build awesome content that’s desired by users. If you aren’t familiar with E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness) content, check out this link. Don’t worry we already read this entire document, if you have a question just get in touch for a complimentary consultation.